Saturday 6 September 2014

I Write Like

       I  came across a site called,  http://iwritelike.com/  On this site you submit a sample of your writing and the site compares your writing style to a range of successful authors. Now I've been accused of having an old fashioned style of writing, which is hardly surprising as I learned to write in the nineteen-fifties, so I tend to write in sentences rather than text. I was brought up reading Charles Dickens, HG Wells, and Arthur Conan Doyle, so I expected to be compared to some obscure nineteenth century author.  Instead I was compared to a  science fiction writer named Cory Doctorow. 
       Now to my shame I had no idea who Cory Doctorow was. I wasn't even sure if Cory was a man or a woman until I did a little research. To my surprise he was not a nineteenth century writer, as I'd expected, but a Canadian born in 1971. It appears that Cory has written many books and won many literary awards so with my writing style I may even have success of my own, but I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment